Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Like a baby, I cried?


Yes, I did, and I completely did not expect to. You know, I got a little note in Elliott's cubby that says "Graduation 10am on Saturday". I thought about how cute it was going to be. I thought about how I would have to have my camera and how "adorable" it was going to be. Cute. Adorable. That is all I expected. I get there with Keaton in my hands (Big Elliott was out of town for this emotional breakdown...it was probably better that he didn't witness it) and I was fine. Let me repeat myself...I was fine. Didn't think a thing of it, at all. Then, suddenly, it hit me like a ton of bricks that I was at a "graduation" for my child. And when I say "hit" I mean it "SLAMMED" into me. Ok, so Pre-K graduation really doesn't rank up there as extremely important. It is much more for the parent than for the child, seriously. I know this and I understand it, but for some reason when it "hit" me, I couldn't comprehend a thing. Cue the tears, the red eyes, the "please don't anyone look at me" feeling, the "I'm going to pretend that there is something in my eye" feeling...but in the end, none of it worked. I cried. I did. I'm not really sure how I'm going to make it through many more of these, there aren't many more, are there?

No comments: