Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

teaching happiness

Earlier when we were packing up to go on vacation, little Elliott and I were talking about where we were going, what we were going to do and how long we were going to be gone, etc. He looked up at me with the most serious eyes and said," But Mom, aren't you going to miss your beautiful house? I'm worried that you are really going to miss it while we are gone." Ha ha. I love the fact that he hears me say "Good bye beautiful house...see you when I get home." Even though his normal response is, "Mom, the house can't answer you...", I love that he knows that his mom absolutely loves where she lives. If nothing else, I want these kids to learn to love the things that we have around us, even if it is just four walls and a door.

No comments: