Several weeks ago a piano bench fell and took a crunch out of Keaton's big toe. We've been in recovery mode since then. The nail completely fell off and we thought we were just a few more weeks away from "normal"...until he rode over his toe with a tricycle at school today. I got the call. When I picked him up, I saw the "throb" under there and knew that it was painful. When Elliott got home, we teamed up: one took the body (me) and the other took the toe (him) and with a touch and some hydrogen peroxide, the pain just gushed out. Awful. It is so hard to see someone so little and innocent in so much pain. But as much as he cried and screamed...in the end, he felt so much better. This parenting stuff is not all it is cracked up to be...seriously.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
it took a hit
Several weeks ago a piano bench fell and took a crunch out of Keaton's big toe. We've been in recovery mode since then. The nail completely fell off and we thought we were just a few more weeks away from "normal"...until he rode over his toe with a tricycle at school today. I got the call. When I picked him up, I saw the "throb" under there and knew that it was painful. When Elliott got home, we teamed up: one took the body (me) and the other took the toe (him) and with a touch and some hydrogen peroxide, the pain just gushed out. Awful. It is so hard to see someone so little and innocent in so much pain. But as much as he cried and screamed...in the end, he felt so much better. This parenting stuff is not all it is cracked up to be...seriously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment