We've always considered ourselves "project people." But here in the last oh, say, 5 years, I can't honestly say that "we" are project people. Elliott is a project person...I get to tend to all else while we are in project mode. I miss being the helper and getting my hands dirty too. And I never take for granted how lucky I am that he knows how to do all the things that he does---otherwise we would be either in a poor house for having to pay someone else to do all of our fix-it jobs, or we would be in a new house (with no character) that ran perfectly as is. I prefer life this way and learn to live with little piles of tools, bags, wood chips and generators in every corner. And, most importantly, I know that one day we will resume our project "couple" status.
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
project people
We've always considered ourselves "project people." But here in the last oh, say, 5 years, I can't honestly say that "we" are project people. Elliott is a project person...I get to tend to all else while we are in project mode. I miss being the helper and getting my hands dirty too. And I never take for granted how lucky I am that he knows how to do all the things that he does---otherwise we would be either in a poor house for having to pay someone else to do all of our fix-it jobs, or we would be in a new house (with no character) that ran perfectly as is. I prefer life this way and learn to live with little piles of tools, bags, wood chips and generators in every corner. And, most importantly, I know that one day we will resume our project "couple" status.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment