Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

This made me just stop in my tracks.
We were scrambling to get out of the house this morning to go to Kyan's birthday party...rushing of course (because I don't have the ability to be on time for anything...ever). So I grab Elliott's art box and his book of paper. We get settled in the car and I give him both of these things and I say,"While I drive, I'd like you to make Kyan a birthday card...just draw him a picture and say 'Happy Birthday'" We talk a little during this time, but mostly I drive. About halfway there, he says, "Here you go Mom." I asked him if he made him a nice card and he told me, "I made him a tank, with an army man."
Literally, he cut a bunch of paper and glued it together, colored it and ta-da...it was a tank and an army man. He did this literally in 10 minutes in the back of the car. So impressed...

No comments: