So I did it! One year ago today I made a commitment (and a challenge, really) to record a year in our life. I wanted to be able to look back and see what we were doing for recreation, what the kids were thinking and doing, what projects we were working on and what our daily lives looked like. I feel like every single day is monumental in some way. And it is so easy to "think" that you are going to remember it all, but I find that things are very easy to forget. The little statements that the kids make, the way they dress themselves, the day trips that we go on, the anticipation for certain events, and simply just the way they look when they sleep...I don't want to miss a minute of it, and I want to have a way to look back on it. Most importantly, I want to share this with them one day. Really, I'm doing it for them.
It has been fun. Has it been challenging? Of course! You might think that it is easy to find 15 minutes per day to put a simple post up (most times it is even less than that), but I have found that even such a small amount of time is sometimes unthinkable. Crazy, isn't it? But I have enjoyed snapping a photo and saving it for later in the day or catching a moment with a real "goal" of what I'm going to do with that photo. On days I've loved it. On days I've hated it. But it is done now.
April to April was fun and I'm so happy that I have my small glimpse of each day to look back and reflect upon. One day, these kids will love it too.
I don't really shock myself anymore with these crazy ideas...I know that if I declare it, I mean it. And if I declare it, that means that I have thought it through. So what next?
We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment