Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013



I have to be honest, I didn't want to do this. I am very much against giving either of our kids headphones... yet. I'm not ready for them to sink deep into their own world without us. I like to read together, share stories, sing together...I like togetherness. I like to know their books, the songs they sing and the characters that are their favorites.

But tonight, I needed Elliott to read out loud to us. And Keats wanted to be a part of it, which was a complete and utter distraction. Everyone started to get frustrated with the situation until I realized that headphones were the answer. Elliott could read. Keaton was entertained (and it is an educational game that he was playing), and all was right in the world.

I didn't like it, but I did it. I felt guilty about it all night though, so I won't do it again anytime soon.

And yes, that is popsicle residue left on his face...yet another reason to feel guilty (popscicles on a school night. unheard of...)

No comments: