Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

out the window

This picture signifies something pretty special. When Keats first started in his new class at the beginning of this year he had a particularly hard time letting go...he just wanted to go with Elliott and go to school in his building. I tried everything, like swapping which kid I dropped off first and I tried to "sneak out" but none of it worked...until I discovered that there were windows all along his classroom. One day I suggested that he run to all of the windows and wave to us as we left the building---BINGO---we had a solution. So every single school day of this year, Elliott and I run to all three windows in Keaton's classroom and we wave to him from all of the windows and everyone has a good day after that. Those moments are really so sweet---and Elliott likes it just as much as Keaton and I do.

No comments: