Over the summer Elliott showed a little bit of boredom at summer camp, and one day I mentioned in passing that there was a theater camp nearby. He never let it go. For days he asked to go to theater camp. He asked about where it was, what they did and he always ended it with a quick statement of how much he wanted to go. So during the last stretch of the summer, we surprised him with a two week session. He freaked out! He was so excited and we were thrilled to see his excitement. It was a moment that you never forget because you realize that for once you made his dream come true...the dream of the moment.
So after he went through that session, we had a discussion of whether to do theater or soccer. He debated, and went back and forth, and finally decided on a new theater academy that lasts just for the semester. Today was day one---it was a 'trial day'--and it also became a day where I realized that this is in his blood. He. Loves. It. And I love that. One of his lovely school mates was there when we walked in, and all was good in the world. He was no longer nervous or antsy, he was only the most comfortable that he has ever been, and it was his first time there. I can't wait to see him grow and find himself with the artsy folks of the theater.
No comments:
Post a Comment