Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2008

closer yet...

Any one that knows Elliott knows that he loves to shoot sporting clays, and today was no exception. This is the first year that I have shot registered targets, and I must say that it changes the way that I approach each station. I finally became proficient on my 391 only to switch back to my 525 and then again, back to my 391. Talk about your ADHD! Oh, and by the way, the 391 is my Beretta auto, and the 525 is an over/under...two totally different guns. Sort of like a Ford and a John Deere tractor? I shot a 79 today (79 out of 100 targets) which I thought was pretty good, especially after shooting with my squad (who were comprised of some cocky 4-H brats who I gladly schooled). I came in 3rd, no wait...4th, hold on...oh yeah...5th? Shooting a 79 in a D class is great, so who the hell were these rogue shooters? Oh well. I have a packed year with both State and Nationals on my plate, and after Katrina's conversation with Pete, it looks like I'll be shooting in the US Open. Just another small step toward total humility. But after all, it's only a game and a great sport. I invite anyone (like we actually have friends who are interested in this) to check out the links regarding my stats. You can click on my name and see how I rank with the rest of the shooters during a particular competition. Don't worry, the Dom is still corked awaiting total victory, or at least a punch (look it up). I'll be shooting in Austin in two weeks and will keep you posted on the details. Until then, Cheers.

Elliott

No comments: