Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

On A Mission...or rather...In A Mission


Recently, Mr. Kehoe and I were able to escape for a day and do a little bit of San Antonio exploring. We've heard so much about the missions that are located here--there are 5 total, one of them being the Alamo. But we really wanted to see some of the others that were not so...how can I say it...commercial? Don't get me wrong, the Alamo is great, and it is definitely a must-see for anyone who visits, but we wanted to do something a little bit off of the beaten path. So we mapped out good old Mission San Jose' and made a morning of it. The history behind this landmark is very interesting...the number of people who lived there, the way that water was gathered, and the beautiful structures that now remain standing...all of it made us understand why these well-known missions are so well-known. While I could list all of the details of this mission, I'd rather allow you to read for yourself if you so choose. The pictures above give you a small glimpse, but feel free to further explore.
It took us two years to get to this mission, so according to the math, by 2014 we will have been to all 5 of these fine establishments. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: