Five years ago, Elliott and I would have walked into Milbergers Nursery and seen plants, herbs, and landscaping ideas to die for. We would have sipped our coffee and dreamed of the yard and the garden that we yearn for. We probably would have heard the laughter of children or glanced over the arrangement of pumpkins and hay that is structured in the corner but we really wouldn't have thought much of it because well, we had our own agenda.
But last week when I went to the nursery to pick up a plant or two, my eyes immediately noticed the beautiful pumpkin patch and halloween maze laid out for children right about little Elliott's age. An endless number of paths, tunnels and walls encompass what I forsee as a visit that will exhaust one little man that I know, who has more energy than we know what to do with. I barely remembered to pick out the plants that was there for because I immediately started to plan how quickly we could get him to this hidden jewel of a child's dream. Endless running in and out of tunnels. Meeting and chasing other children that you don't even know but immediately become friends with. Pumpkins. Halloween music. Skeletons. The whole sha-bang.
When looking at the pictures above, you can't help but "see" the adrenaline rushing through Elliott's little body as he literally runs non-stop from one end of this entertaining set-up to the other, over and over again. He, of course, was not amused by our desire to stop him for what we considered to be picture perfect photo opportunities...but we got one or two good mug shots out of him and then he was off again. To meet someone new or just get lost in the curves and turns of his imagination.
Keaton just remains in observation status--taking notes on what is to come for him one day. Then he sleeps. What a life.
Happy Halloween to all...
katrina and the boys


No comments:
Post a Comment