Tuesday, January 6, 2009
when the sun is shining perfectly...
There are those times when you see the sun shining down perfectly on the scene that you are in and you race for the camera hoping to capture just a few shots to help remember the moment. We were in our backyard yesterday and Elliott had one of those moments. He grabbed the camera and asked our eldest to simply smile (or at least pretend to be happy)...the first few photos above give you a small glimpse of the sheer trauma that a smile would create. Tears. Hopelessness. Torture. It was very dramatic the way that he diplayed his dissatisfaction with our request. But as with many "moments"...it was short-lived, and we were able to move forward with the rest of our photo shoot. Good times.
It was a nice warm December day we were having...definitely a plus to living in Texas. Elliott as you see is all boy---jumping off of everything from the deck to his bed to the top of the stairs. Keaton is doing wonderfully and is enamored with his brother...he loves big Elliott and I, sure he does...but there is nobody who makes him light up like little Elliott. He stares at him and studies his every move and expression....he is a very calm kid who just takes it all in. So, in brief, life is fantastic.
One final note. I love when I happen to notice the days when both Elliotts are dressed alike. They are usually dressed similarly but on occasion, it is identical. In the photos above, you may have noticed that they are dressed exactly alike...shoes, shirts, and shoes. Not on purpose, it was just by chance. I guess I'm getting just what I wanted--little duplicates.
Happy New Year to you. love, Katrina and the boys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment