Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

watch 'em grow


When watching a recent "Sid the Science Kid" episode, Elliott declared that he wanted to grow carrots. He doesn't even like carrots? But he mentioned it once, twice, twelve times and more...and when the weather finally got warm enough, we gave in. But we didn't have a garden? So we made a family trip to the store to buy seeds. He chose carrots, I chose squash, Keaton chose zucchini (ok, I chose for him) and big Papa chose a plethora of peppers. We planted the seeds in the tray and built a "garden" while they sprouted and grew. Elliott would check them every morning to see how much more they grew, and his excitement made it all so much more exciting. Did I THINK we were going to have a garden this year? No, absolutely not. Am I happy that we have moved forward? Absolutely. These go in the ground this weekend and we will all watch them grow. I can't imagine his excitement when he sees an actual piece of food grow from these. WOW!

No comments: